Wash their feet...

Collage created using elements from Open Journey, artist Ingrid Blixt

In a world constantly telling me how offended and angry I should be,

how toxic everyone is,

what's wrong and what's right,

what team I should be on,

what I should think and believe about this one and that one,

who should be able to do what,

to react angrily to injustice and seek it out on my own...

Let me remember how very dirty my feet are.

Lord, let me remember how often they touch the ground of this broken earth you created so long ago and how perfect it could have been had we not messed it all up....

...and Lord, above all, let me remember I'm above no one and bend down to wash others' feet.

John 13:13-15 13 You call Me Teacher and Lord, and you say well, for so I am. 14 If I then, your Lord and Teacher, have washed your feet, you also ought to wash one another’s feet. 15 For I have given you an example, that you should do as I have done to you. 


Comments

Popular Posts